Tube Bore Unblocking and Cleaning
- This was a critical path project.
- The client was aware that traditional water jetting contractors had their limitations when it comes to removing fouling from the tubes of a UOP CCR type catalytic reformer, especially when access to the tubes was only via a 24” man-way.
- Performance had dropped off but no-one knew whether the tubes or shell side was fouled.
They took the choice of “let’s be ready for worst case scenario”.
- They needed a company with technology that could remotely drill severe blockages.
- Tube Tech’s research and development reputation to solve impossible cleaning problems helped make that decision especially as they believed that an incorrect feed had inadvertently passed through the tubes.