- Robots removed near 100% of fouling from all convection tube banks.
- Access was gained through small inspection hatches to clean all convection banks.
- Distorted heater coils and serrated fins were overcome by minor robot modifications.
- Inspection teams confirmed levels of cleanliness had been exceeded using endoscopes before and after fouling removal.
- No refractory was damaged as Robots are programmed to direct and deflect high pressure medium off the tubes.
- Man entry was not required.
- Robots are air powered therefore intrinsically safe.
- Inspection is carried out using low 25 volt CCTV equipment.