Hot Oil Heater Cleaning
The traditional approach to cleaning severely blocked hot oil heaters/WHRU’s often involves:-
- Bypassing the fouled unit – results in higher operating WHRU costs.
- Doing nothing and accepting the increasingly inefficient burning of fuel within the WHRU/hot oil heater.
- Removing/cutting off the WHRU bends to allow straight access to all tubes for cleaning – not only time-consuming¸ but sufficient access for welding cannot be guaranteed and is in any case best avoided in-situ.
- Replacing the complete WHRU/hot oil heater unit – not only expensive, but also entails a six-month manufacturing lead time for a new WHRU/hot oil heater.
Tube Tech International has developed unique WHRU cleaning technologies:-
- Clean Waste Heat Recovery Unit’s in-situ.
- Keep the waste volume created by Waste Heat Recovery Unit cleaning to a minimum.
- Considers safety and environmental factors.
- Custom designed to negotiate multiple bends during Waste Heat Recovery Unit cleaning.
- Waste Heat Recovery Unit cleaning is completed faster than traditional methods.
- Includes a complete internal tube inspection of all tubes/pipes including coiled.
Tube Tech has extensive specialised experience in unblocking, descaling and cleaning the difficult bends that are peculiar to WHRUs in the oil and gas industry. Tube Tech teams have successfully cleaned a number of WHRU’s in the past at a very competitive rate. Tube Tech’s methods do not involve cutting nor removal of any U-bends and the company develops specialised systems to solve access problems often encountered during WHRU cleaning.
These successful contracts include:-
Serpentine WHRU/hot oil heater cleaning – WHRU cleaned mechanically, IN-SITU on North Sea oil platform.
Hot oil heater/WHRU cleaning – WHRU unblocked and descaled with access only through the header box.
WHRU cleaning – Novel engineering approach to WHRU cleaning saves client £500,000.
Read about our WHRU successes and contact us to see how we can assist with your WHRU cleaning.